📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to retrieve clipboard history on a Mac?

I recently accidentally changed my screenshot settings to clipboard and realized the files were not saving to my Desktop. Is there any way to retrieve these clipboard elements from a cache or some other transient component historically?

I now have downloaded CopyClip which seems to be able to allow me to do this later, but I'm unable to have it retrieve my old clippings. Any advice would be very helpful! I really need the contents from the screenshots, as I don't have access to the files anymore.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 17, 2020 7:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 7:50 PM

sas224 wrote:

Is there any way to retrieve these clipboard elements from a cache or some other transient component historically?

No, sorry.

Similar questions

2 replies

May 17, 2020 8:02 PM in response to sas224

Going forward, if you use a clipboard manager, you can save and retrieve from your clipboard history.

But if you do not already have a clipboard manager installed, there is nothing saved.

I personally like the clipboard manager that is part of BettetTouchTool. By default it saves 2 weeks worth of clipboard history.

There are others available for the Mac.

Is there any way to retrieve clipboard history on a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.