Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i access my iphone apps on my macbook pro? if so how?

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:58 PM

Not exactly, but that's changing.

Many iOS apps have macOS counterparts designed to work well together. Apple's PagesNumbers, and Keynote for example, in addition to many other developers who offer the same products on both platforms. If you make a change in one document or project in one platform, that change appears on the other platform through iCloud.

Broadly speaking though iOS apps designed to run on iPhones don't run on Macs. However, Apple recently introduced the ability for developers to create a single product that will run on both iOS and macOS. It's called "Project Catalyst" or Mac Catalyst, if you're interested in learning more.

In other words you will be able to do that one day, but it's up to app developers to implement the idea.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 9:58 PM in response to derwin96

Not exactly, but that's changing.

Many iOS apps have macOS counterparts designed to work well together. Apple's PagesNumbers, and Keynote for example, in addition to many other developers who offer the same products on both platforms. If you make a change in one document or project in one platform, that change appears on the other platform through iCloud.

Broadly speaking though iOS apps designed to run on iPhones don't run on Macs. However, Apple recently introduced the ability for developers to create a single product that will run on both iOS and macOS. It's called "Project Catalyst" or Mac Catalyst, if you're interested in learning more.

In other words you will be able to do that one day, but it's up to app developers to implement the idea.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.