Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone calls on iphone 11 pro

New iphone 11 pro - phone calls keep dropping and occasionally can't hear the other party. When this happens, I can't even turn the phone off. Any thoughts please?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 11:51 PM

This seems like your carrier issue, Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you.

Call Failed or Dropped Calls / Disconnecting

In telecommunications, a dropped-call / Auto Disconnecting Calls / Call-Failed Muted conversation are mainly due to technical reasons / fault at the carrier's end. At times the calls are cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversation and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed or Auto Disconnection or muted calls).

Few Reasons Your device Keeps Muting / Dropping / Disconnecting Calls or encounter Call Failed.

• Your Signal Is Weak.
  • It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  • The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  • You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  • You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 11:51 PM in response to fairgreen

This seems like your carrier issue, Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you.

Call Failed or Dropped Calls / Disconnecting

In telecommunications, a dropped-call / Auto Disconnecting Calls / Call-Failed Muted conversation are mainly due to technical reasons / fault at the carrier's end. At times the calls are cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversation and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed or Auto Disconnection or muted calls).

Few Reasons Your device Keeps Muting / Dropping / Disconnecting Calls or encounter Call Failed.

• Your Signal Is Weak.
  • It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  • The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  • You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  • You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

May 29, 2020 10:35 AM in response to fairgreen

Your answer are totally invalid. I have experienced dropped calls for the past two weeks. These calls consistently happen when there are 4 bars showing on my phone. my carrier reports a very strong signal to my phone and no problem with phone towers. I have followed every one of these steps including calling tech support twice. The second time a diagnostic was completed and there factory restart suggested did no work. After searching the web, I have found that it is based with the new version of iOS and that it is happening randomly to iPhone 11 owners. It is time that you accept that it is a problem and fix it. I now have to resort to zoom to conduct business calls. As I am under a stay-at-home order due to the pandemic, there is no apple store to go too and your tech support although emphasizing with this problem will no send me a new phone. To say I am beyond disappointed in Apple at this moment is an understatement. I suggest that you just fix the problem.

Phone calls on iphone 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.