Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted screenshots show up when I switch screens

When I take a screenshot and then delete it, it still shows up for a second on my desktop whenever I switch between screens.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 18, 2020 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:06 AM

Welcome back cindy359.

I’m glad to hear that the previous troubleshooting steps helped with the deleted screenshot. 

I understand that you now would like to remove Malwarebytes from your Mac. I’m happy to assist you with that. Please use the steps here to uninstall Malwarebytes: Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac – Malwarebytes Support If you still need further assistance, please submit a support ticket using the link at the bottom of the page or click the icon in the lower right-hand corner to chat support using the previous link.

Let me know the results.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 6:06 AM in response to cindy359

Welcome back cindy359.

I’m glad to hear that the previous troubleshooting steps helped with the deleted screenshot. 

I understand that you now would like to remove Malwarebytes from your Mac. I’m happy to assist you with that. Please use the steps here to uninstall Malwarebytes: Uninstall Malwarebytes for Mac – Malwarebytes Support If you still need further assistance, please submit a support ticket using the link at the bottom of the page or click the icon in the lower right-hand corner to chat support using the previous link.

Let me know the results.

Take care.

May 18, 2020 1:49 PM in response to cindy359

Hello cindy359.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that when you take and delete a screenshot, it shows for a second when you switch between screens on your desktop. I’m happy to help.

So that we can isolate the cause, let's do some troubleshooting steps. Please try the steps here: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

So that I can determine if the issue occurs in your user profile or the Mac, please try the steps here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Take care.

Deleted screenshots show up when I switch screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.