Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini hdmi port won't connect anymore

I use 2 external monitors on my mac mini, one is connected through a usb-c hdmi adaptor the other is connected directly in to the mac mini's hdmi port. I awoke the computer from sleep this morning and the monitor that is plugged directly into the hdmi port will no longer display. switching which monitor is using the adaptor I can confirm that both hdmi cables and displays still work, but whichever monitor is using the standard hdmi port refuses to display.

I have tried going to system preferences -> displays and hitting the "detect displays" button but that has not helped. I have also tried restarting the computer twice, as well as unplugging and the monitor's power and display cables and re attaching them. So far no luck on getting a monitor to display using the standard hdmi port, while the usb-c port works fine.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 18, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 12, 2020 5:23 PM in response to Angelkiller315

The Mac mini is very unstable - I have more than once had it simply shut down for reasons that are explained only in machine code. A recurring swipe is the HDMI output simply not getting a signal to the monitor. Were it not for my second screen, running from the alternate output, I wouldn't even be able to send this message. Problem is ... I see lots of these messages online, but no reply from Apple Support.

mac mini hdmi port won't connect anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.