Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy and paste the actual video on OS Catalina?

How to copy and paste the actual video on OS 10.15.4 Catalina - I would like the video to show and not just post the URL.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 18, 2020 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 11:38 AM

Thanks very much, Kurt, for your replies which are appreciated. I think when Steve was alive, Apple pursued such beautifully simple techniques. Now it seems to becoming layered like an onion. You've shown me I'm doing the best I can with what I have and that's what I was looking for.

5 replies

May 18, 2020 11:31 AM in response to Mini Mac User

What's wrong with just using the URL? Otherwise, about all you can do in an email is post a small image of what the video is about, followed by the URL, as below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIN6TGPC5fk

Still, that depends on both what yours and the recipient's email client support. In MS Outlook, I can paste this picture into an HTML email and assign the URL to it. It would then do pretty much what you want. But then the question becomes, would the email client the recipient is using work with the email I send?

There's a lot of ifs, buts, and maybes when it comes to email.

How to copy and paste the actual video on OS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.