Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off activation lock

Please i bought an iphone in china and am not able to use the phone unless i contact the previous owner

Please help me out

How can i contact the previous owner to help out?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on May 18, 2020 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 2:37 PM

You acquired your device second hand from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller. The links below explain what has happened. You apparently didn't know to heed the advice given below.

Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make

sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account. 

And see: Activation Lockfor iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365 See

this heading Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else.

What all this means to you is that there is no way we can help you. We are not authorized to remove the

activation lock from any device. And, under your circumstances, Apple will not help you since you cannot provide proof of ownership that Apple will consider to be sufficient. You would need to be the original owner

and have your purchase receipt with the device's serial number on it. 

All I can suggest is that you try to recovery the needed password or the purchase price from the person you acquired the iPad from. Recovering the password is the only way the phone can be made functional for your use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 2:37 PM in response to Maaiichael

You acquired your device second hand from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller. The links below explain what has happened. You apparently didn't know to heed the advice given below.

Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make

sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account. 

And see: Activation Lockfor iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365 See

this heading Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else.

What all this means to you is that there is no way we can help you. We are not authorized to remove the

activation lock from any device. And, under your circumstances, Apple will not help you since you cannot provide proof of ownership that Apple will consider to be sufficient. You would need to be the original owner

and have your purchase receipt with the device's serial number on it. 

All I can suggest is that you try to recovery the needed password or the purchase price from the person you acquired the iPad from. Recovering the password is the only way the phone can be made functional for your use.

Turn off activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.