Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unblock apple id

I've bought an iPhone 5c in the South of Chile on January 20th 2014 in a importing company (not an official apple store) and used it for a long time until I've bougth a 7 (now I have an Xr).

When I updated to the 7, I lend my nephew the 5c and he lost the id and password he used and now is blocked. I'm asking apple to unblock it and have sent them the original bill, serial number and IMEI but the still insist they cant unblock it and don't understand why.

Someone can help me please?

Posted on May 18, 2020 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 5:11 PM

Apple will not remove Activation Lock for anyone other than the person who bought the phone NEW from Apple or an Apple authorized distributor. It is a theft deterrent tool, and if there was any way around Activation Lock its effectiveness would be nil. So if he can’t find the Apple ID and password that was used to enable Activation Lock he will never be able to used that 6 year old phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 5:11 PM in response to Frankyleonard1

Apple will not remove Activation Lock for anyone other than the person who bought the phone NEW from Apple or an Apple authorized distributor. It is a theft deterrent tool, and if there was any way around Activation Lock its effectiveness would be nil. So if he can’t find the Apple ID and password that was used to enable Activation Lock he will never be able to used that 6 year old phone.

unblock apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.