Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 7 gen pencil compatibility

hi,

is there any other pencil compatible with the ipad 7gen (2019)? I know Apple Pencil 1gen is it, but i’m looking for an alternative.

thanks.

max

iPad

Posted on May 18, 2020 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 2:40 AM

The obvious alternative is the Logitech Crayon - compatible with 2018 iPad and later, such as your iPad7:

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/grab-a-crayon

Unlike third-party styli that require explicit App support, the Crayon is supported by iPad at system-level - and will work everywhere that the Pencil does.

The Crayon was developed by Logitech as a low-cost alternative to the Pencil. It isn’t quite as sophisticated as Pencil, bit given the cost saving, it way well be suitable for your needs. If you require full Pencil capabilities, then there really is no alternative solution from the Apple Pencil itself.

I hope this is helpful to you.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 2:40 AM in response to maxi272

The obvious alternative is the Logitech Crayon - compatible with 2018 iPad and later, such as your iPad7:

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/grab-a-crayon

Unlike third-party styli that require explicit App support, the Crayon is supported by iPad at system-level - and will work everywhere that the Pencil does.

The Crayon was developed by Logitech as a low-cost alternative to the Pencil. It isn’t quite as sophisticated as Pencil, bit given the cost saving, it way well be suitable for your needs. If you require full Pencil capabilities, then there really is no alternative solution from the Apple Pencil itself.

I hope this is helpful to you.

May 19, 2020 3:13 AM in response to maxi272

The Wacom website claims support for iPad and iPhone - but, as with all third-party Bluetooth styli, support is contingent upon explicit support by the App. It will not provide system-wide support - unlike Pencil or Crayon:

Bamboo Fineline 3 has been fully integrated into leading apps like Goodnotes, Noteshelf and Bamboo Paper. With the Bamboo Paper app you can easily write notes or sketch ideas, and the Inkspace service lets you store, share and edit your work. With many more tools to explore in the Wacom Marketplace, the only limit is your imagination. 

ipad 7 gen pencil compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.