Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download iTunes with BRAND NEW Macbook

I have a brand new Macbook out of the box one week ago. Running Catalina 10.15.4.

I want to download iTunes, but when I go to the download page it says I need to upgrade to Catalina.

I've tried:

• clicking the upgrade to Catalina button (it says I already have the most recent version and no upgrades are available.....obviously lol)
  • downloading iTunes 12.8 for previous versions of macOS (it says the download requires OS version 10.13.99 or earlier.......lol again....obvious bc I'm running the most recent version of Catalina)

Any ideas what I can do?

MacBook

Posted on May 18, 2020 8:46 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2020 8:49 PM in response to deborah5417

Starting with Catalina, iTunes was replaced by Apple Music. What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support explains that:

"With macOS Catalina, your iTunes media library is now available in the Apple Music app, Apple TV app, Apple Books app, and Apple Podcasts app. And Finder is where you can manage and sync content on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

Can't download iTunes with BRAND NEW Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.