Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have app updates pending but when I try to update them it says “unable to update as app was purchased with a different id” as i dont kno2 the id i purchased them with how can iupdatem them. Thanks

I have updates pending but when I try to update it says “unable to update as app was purchased with a different I’d, as I don’t know the I’d I used no can I update these apps

Thank You

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on May 19, 2020 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:39 AM

You can check the purchases history of each of your IDs to find out which one purchased the apps that have updates.

Purchase History Review.  

One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired.

6 replies

May 20, 2020 2:04 AM in response to JohnW1949

What to do when the Mac App Store shows a different Apple ID for software updates https://www.macworld.com/article/3267709/mac-app-store-apple-id.html

If you purchased/downloaded an app using a former Apple ID, then you can't update it with your current Apple ID. You'll have to delete it and repurchase/download it again with your current Apple ID. 

I have app updates pending but when I try to update them it says “unable to update as app was purchased with a different id” as i dont kno2 the id i purchased them with how can iupdatem them. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.