Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone wont download or purchase apps

Hi,

My iPhone XS has stopped downloading apps and updates. I don't get any error messages but I can't purchase/download new apps or update existing, the little processing wheel (not the download progress wheel) is as far as it goes.

Payment methods are up to date and I've tried signing out of the app store and restarting the phone. Any ideas?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 19, 2020 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 1:56 PM

Try the following solutions: 

1. Check your WiFi connection. If you're using cellular data or WiFi and having issues with app downloading, try to connect to different WiFi network. 
  2. Try deleting the app then restart the app download. 
  3. Restart your iPhone, then go to the App Store and redownload the app. 
  4. Check and manage your iPhone storage space. Maybe you don't have enough storage space on your iPhone which is why you can't download or update apps. 
  5. Try signing out of the App Store then sign in again 

If the following solutions above did not fix your problem, try to reach out to Apple Support

Hope it helps! 

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 1:56 PM in response to C_Barr

Try the following solutions: 

1. Check your WiFi connection. If you're using cellular data or WiFi and having issues with app downloading, try to connect to different WiFi network. 
  2. Try deleting the app then restart the app download. 
  3. Restart your iPhone, then go to the App Store and redownload the app. 
  4. Check and manage your iPhone storage space. Maybe you don't have enough storage space on your iPhone which is why you can't download or update apps. 
  5. Try signing out of the App Store then sign in again 

If the following solutions above did not fix your problem, try to reach out to Apple Support

Hope it helps! 

iPhone wont download or purchase apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.