Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo symbol/icon description

Does anyone know what the small white spool shaped symbol on a couple of my pics in my photo library means?

iPad Air 2, 13

Posted on May 19, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 2:07 PM

Thanks, I actually edited/cropped the pic on my iPad with my google photos app but when I looked at the pic on my iPad photos app it determined it was a panoramic shot which it wasn’t, I just cropped it so narrow it made it look panoramic...oh well.

2 replies

May 19, 2020 1:50 PM in response to Asphalt812

The symbol indicates, that the photo in question is a panoramic shot. It would be hard to tell otherwise, as the thumbnails are just squares.

On an iPad with iPadOS13 you could switch from the square thumbnails in the All Photos View to the correct aspect ratio. That would make it easier to compare photos. There is an "Aspect" button in the toolbar.

Photo symbol/icon description

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.