Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer my music off a friends MacBook pro onto my iPhone

I have a lot of music on a friends MacBook pro iTunes. the iTunes account is mine under my username and she also has her own iTunes account on the same computer, and I don't want to mess her songs and pictures up.

The goal is to get ALL of my music onto MY iPhone 8 and off this MacBook pro computer. Im concerned that if I plug in a Apple cable between her computer and my Iphone, something will get messed up and or lost in the transfer process. Please advise. Thank you & be safe out there.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:45 AM

Are you using two separate user accounts on the Mac? Because only one person can be logged into iTunes at a time... Are those songs purchased from iTunes or downloaded with Apple music? Or are the songs imported from a CD? If it's the latter I would copy the songs on an external hard drive to get them off the computer, then copy them to your computer and sync your phone with it to get the songs on your phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 10:45 AM in response to drewfromlynbrook

Are you using two separate user accounts on the Mac? Because only one person can be logged into iTunes at a time... Are those songs purchased from iTunes or downloaded with Apple music? Or are the songs imported from a CD? If it's the latter I would copy the songs on an external hard drive to get them off the computer, then copy them to your computer and sync your phone with it to get the songs on your phone.

how to transfer my music off a friends MacBook pro onto my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.