Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Quit or Force Quit Skype

Skype asked me to update. When I agreed it wanted to export keys from my keychain. It wouldn't accept my password, so I tried to reset it. I managed to delete my old one but it wouldn't let me set a new one. Now I can't use Skype (and I'm supposed to be teaching on Skype in the morning) but it won't let me quit it or Force Quit it. If I could do that I would delete and reinstall. Help!

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:14 AM

Press Command-Option-Esc to open the Task Manager. Select Skype in the list and click on Force Quit. If that doesn't help, then open Activity Monitor in the Utilities' folder. Click once or twice on the Name column to arrange alphabetically. Locate Skype in the process list and select it. Click on the "X" button on the left side of the toolbar, then click Force Quit.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 11:14 AM in response to Vincera

Press Command-Option-Esc to open the Task Manager. Select Skype in the list and click on Force Quit. If that doesn't help, then open Activity Monitor in the Utilities' folder. Click once or twice on the Name column to arrange alphabetically. Locate Skype in the process list and select it. Click on the "X" button on the left side of the toolbar, then click Force Quit.

Can't Quit or Force Quit Skype

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.