Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Chessmaster 9000 on new MacBook Air

When I install Chessmaster 9000 into my new MacBook Air, the failed alert pops up with "You can’t open the application “Chessmaster 9000 Install” because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

Based on the manual of Chessmaster 9000, the recommended system is below:

Mac OS: Mac OS 10.3;

Processor: 1GHz

Memory: 512MB RAM

Graphics card: 16MB VRAM

Hard Disk: 1.3GB

My new MacBook air:

Mac OS: Catalina 10.15.4;

Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-COre Intel COre i5;

Startup Disk: Macintosh HD;

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3;

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB;

Is it possible for me to install this software? If yes, how I can do that?

Thank you very much in advance,

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 7:18 PM

Yes, it is quite possible. Though not directly.

You’ll need to install a copy of Mojave on an external storage device and boot that, or install a copy of Mojave as a guest in an add-on virtual machine. By booting Mojave directly or as a guest, you will be able to launch 32-bit apps. This doesn’t happen (directly) on Catalina, but on Mojave. Which does support older 32-bit apps.

The alternative is to locate an update to or an alternative to the Chessmaster 9000 app.

Chess User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 7:18 PM in response to hanwen49

Yes, it is quite possible. Though not directly.

You’ll need to install a copy of Mojave on an external storage device and boot that, or install a copy of Mojave as a guest in an add-on virtual machine. By booting Mojave directly or as a guest, you will be able to launch 32-bit apps. This doesn’t happen (directly) on Catalina, but on Mojave. Which does support older 32-bit apps.

The alternative is to locate an update to or an alternative to the Chessmaster 9000 app.

Chess User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Install Chessmaster 9000 on new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.