Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad missing Facetime App

I have an old iPad Model MD510X/A Version 10.3.3(14G60), which is missing the Facetime App. 

When I search the App Store, the Facetime App is not available.

I have no problems finding the App on other devices.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on May 19, 2020 7:25 PM

5 replies

May 19, 2020 7:28 PM in response to Brad-T

Hello,

FaceTime may not be available in your region with this version of iOS.

According to Apple:

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS or iPadOS devices2. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan.

If you live in one of these regions then it is not possible for you to use FaceTime as your iPad is not compatible with any software updates.

May 20, 2020 4:23 AM in response to Brad-T

New or used? If used it may have originated in one of the locked out countries (it can be common for people to buy iPads from those countries, not realize facetime is disabled and cannot be installed, to then sell that device and purchase one from another country that has the program)

If used that may be the case, if new then it may be an idea to take it to an authorized service provider and see why it’s not on there. If Screen Time is on I believe facetime is one of the programs you can block as part of that, so if you’ve set up screen time you can look in those settings to see if it’s blocked.

iPad missing Facetime App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.