Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to mirror my iPhone to my tv without an Apple TV or AirPlay?

Is it possible to mirror my iPhone to my tv without an Apple TV or airplay?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 19, 2020 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:09 PM

Hello Jim,

Yes it is absolutely possible. Do you have a HDMI input port on your TV? Most modern TVs do. If YES then you can use this type of ➔ Lighting to HDMI Adapter with your iPhone and then connect the iPhone and your TV with a HDMI cable.

Axel F.

4 replies

May 21, 2020 6:52 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi Axel, Thanks for the suggestion for the Lightning to HDMI connector. I had seen that but also am aware that there are apps that allow to mirror the cell phone screen without using that adapter.

Is that so and if so, what are the apps names?

PS ironically, all the Apple stores here in Austin are closed. The online Apple price by mail is higher than the pick up today price at the Walmart closest to me. 😁

Thanks Jim

May 21, 2020 8:11 AM in response to jim1hunter

There are several apps in the App Store that accomplish what you are attempting to do. Those apps require the user to have a smart TV capable of either having a built in browser or casting abilities. Some work with other Apple TV like devices (Roku, Amazon Fire TV etc). You can do a search on "AirPlay" in the App Store and you will see the entire list of those apps. I do not use any of them so hard for me to recommend. Please review the list and read the reviews.

What is your primary reason to AirPlay to your TV? Entertainment related content? Presentations?

Axel F.

Jun 20, 2020 4:44 PM in response to Axel Foley

Of note, these adapters will “mirror” your iOS device but WILL NOT play downloaded content (iTunes purchases, Netflix, Prime, etc). I learned this the hard way. I am STILL trying to figure out how to download a purchased movie on an iOS device that I can then mirror on my big screen at home in rural America with DSL as the best internet I can get. Even a $2000 Mac mini can’t do it without decent internet, or at least I haven’t found a Genius that can tell me how.

Is it possible to mirror my iPhone to my tv without an Apple TV or AirPlay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.