Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor bluetooth sound quality on iOS devices

When using Bluetooth headphones on my ios devices, the sound quality is noticeably poor and incredibly distorted on some songs. This occurs with all audio, not just through the music app. This is not an issue on my 2017 Macbook Pro, or any of my friends’ phones that I have tested, only on my iPhone 8. I’ve tried 7 pairs of headphones and every single one has the same problem on my phone, but function perfectly well on my macbook. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 8

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 11:57 AM

Hey there Oscar_3,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using Bluetooth headphones on your iPhone. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help with this.

Even though you’ve covered some good ground here, you should still take a look at this article and go through any steps you haven’t completed just to be on the safe side:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

If that doesn’t help, back up your iPhone and restore it to factory settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, so be sure to have that info handy when doing this:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Test the Bluetooth in factory settings and see if the issue continues there. If it doesn’t, restore your backup and test again:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 11:57 AM in response to Oscar_3

Hey there Oscar_3,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using Bluetooth headphones on your iPhone. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help with this.

Even though you’ve covered some good ground here, you should still take a look at this article and go through any steps you haven’t completed just to be on the safe side:

If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

If that doesn’t help, back up your iPhone and restore it to factory settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, so be sure to have that info handy when doing this:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Test the Bluetooth in factory settings and see if the issue continues there. If it doesn’t, restore your backup and test again:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Regards.

Poor bluetooth sound quality on iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.