Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I turn my Mac Book microphone off?

How can I turn my Mac Book microphone off? I have ticked the ‘mute’ box and set volume to zero in the Midi player, set Keyboard Dictation to off, set the Sound Pref microphone slider to zero input and output, but when I go to Dictation again the microphone icon still shows sound being input.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 20, 2020 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 4:36 AM

estelanya wrote:

How can I turn my Mac Book microphone off? I have ticked the ‘mute’ box and set volume to zero in the Midi player, set Keyboard Dictation to off, set the Sound Pref microphone slider to zero input and output, but when I go to Dictation again the microphone icon still shows sound being input.

Yes when you go to dictation it turns on.

Control access to your microphone on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 4:36 AM in response to estelanya

estelanya wrote:

Yes when you go to dictation it turns on.

Control access to your microphone on Mac - Apple Support

How can I turn my Mac Book microphone off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.