Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s wifi connection keeps breaking (not a problem with the router!)

My iphone 6s updated and internet through 4G but no internet via wifi. All other devices work from the router. Attempted all troubleshooting steps including resetting network settings, but no success. What's going on? Was it the latest update (13.4.1)?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 4:38 AM

When you have the opportunity, please try to connect it to a different wifi network.

If it works, turn off your home modem-router for at least 5 minutes, then restart it waiting for its complete autoconfiguration, then try and reconnect your iPhone to your home network.

Regards

GIulio

3 replies

May 20, 2020 5:42 AM in response to ProustGiulio

On the third time I turned off my router it worked. What seems to screw things up is that I shut down my phone each evening as I do other devices. In the morning, it goes into panic mode and while saying it's connected to the internet, it isn't. 4G does connect to the internet, but then I get asked to log into my apple account, which it fails to do over 4G, seemingly requiring the same connection (wifi) as it had previously. Argh! Really starting to think about returning to Android. I'm sure some of this is to do with iCloud (something I don't want or need). After I connected and signed in just now, it reverted some of my iCloud settings, ie turning photos back on! Apple need to make this work without iCloud and make it far easier to trouble shoot the issue, such as providing decent error log messages for a start (which it's possible to find and read!)

Ok, rant over! Thanks ProustGiulio for the reminder about turning the router off again. It was next on my list but always worth mentioning. I guess it was trying to use the same local IP address and/or channel, which got it confused. It's a pain you can't reset this from the phone if that was the problem. Note that I had already reset my network settings earlier.

iPhone 6s wifi connection keeps breaking (not a problem with the router!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.