Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life is not good

Ok, I'm sure this gets asked some, but I couldn't find a specific answer to what I'm wondering about. I just got this iPhone 11 3 days ago. Today I have less than 3 hrs of screen on time and my battery is sitting at 60%. That seems like the battery is lower than it should be no? I got this phone because all the tech reviews said I could average 15 hours + before I needed to charge and it doesn't seem my phone will go that far if after only 3 hours it has drained 40%. I don't have any social media on my phone, minus Facebook, but I'm never on it. I mainly just take pictures and listen to music through Apple Music. I'm just curious what could be causing my battery to drain so much in so little time. I realize how difficult this may be to answer without actually seeing the device, but perhaps someone can help shed some light on this.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 20, 2020 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 2:36 PM

Okay, that is not much. You can take a look at this, Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple and also this, About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

This may help explain your usage.

Similar questions

6 replies

May 20, 2020 1:51 PM in response to blnelson05

In addition to what you have already been told, depending on what you were doing during that 3 hours of screen time would also help determine the usage. If you go to Settings>Battery, and look at the apps that have consumed battery, which ones are at the top of the list for battery percentage. That will help you determine if there might be an issue.

Battery life is not good

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.