Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail and Notes Open at the Same Place Every Time - iPhone 8+

I'm frustrated, as I can't find a way to permanently "fix" this issue. My mail app gets stuck and keeps opening in a certain mailbox (I have several addresses). It currently has settled on opening in the "Sent" folder of my primary address, regardless of where I closed the app at.

Also in "Notes" -- no matter where I leave off when closing the app, it will reopen in a shopping list that I created.

Occasionally a hard boot will resolve this, or deleting a certain e-mail in the crowd when it gets stuck opening in one particular box, but this time nothing seems to work. I tried turning the mail accounts off and then back on... that didn't help. Several hard boots have done nothing.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 5:50 PM

Try force closing the app.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies

Jun 16, 2020 9:55 AM in response to Twotenthsjr

I would hate to think of it as a “feature“. The fact that it always goes back to the exact same page, regardless of where you were last reading… Well, I would say “bug“ is a much better guess! Also, since my last iOS upgrade, the iPhone has been working like it should. However it’s done the same buggy thing before, and then started working correctly, and then has gone back to the bad behavior later.

Mail and Notes Open at the Same Place Every Time - iPhone 8+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.