Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupted files in Itunes Music (on server)

How do i fix a song on the ITunes server that is corrupted?

I recently had a problem with ITUNEs messing up my album titles and songs. I deleted all my locally downloaded music, created a new library and started downloading all my music again. There are about a dozen songs, that I purchased from ITunes that will not download. The message i get is the song is corrupted.

Posted on May 20, 2020 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 11:54 PM

altonfromewa beach Said:

Corrupted files in Itunes Music (on server): [...]it would have been somewhere in the United States. I do use a VPN but it points to servers in the U.S.[...] i turned off the VPN and it gives me the option to play it in ITUNES Store...this may help

———-

Thank you for the Update.

Three Thoughts:

• Uninstall Security Software:

Security Software is unnecessary on a mac, as it just get in the way. This is a pure example how of why it gets in the way.

• Uninstalling the Security Software:

Use an uninstaller to uninstall it. Be certain get the uninstaller from the developer and nowhere else. Getting it elsewhere may result in Malware (Malicious Software) getting installed.

• Disable VPN when Purchasing:

Employers sometimes require a VPN connection. So, if this is just a VPN connection, that is required by your employer, and is nothing of Security Software, then disable the VPN when making purchases.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 11:54 PM in response to altonfromewa beach

altonfromewa beach Said:

Corrupted files in Itunes Music (on server): [...]it would have been somewhere in the United States. I do use a VPN but it points to servers in the U.S.[...] i turned off the VPN and it gives me the option to play it in ITUNES Store...this may help

———-

Thank you for the Update.

Three Thoughts:

• Uninstall Security Software:

Security Software is unnecessary on a mac, as it just get in the way. This is a pure example how of why it gets in the way.

• Uninstalling the Security Software:

Use an uninstaller to uninstall it. Be certain get the uninstaller from the developer and nowhere else. Getting it elsewhere may result in Malware (Malicious Software) getting installed.

• Disable VPN when Purchasing:

Employers sometimes require a VPN connection. So, if this is just a VPN connection, that is required by your employer, and is nothing of Security Software, then disable the VPN when making purchases.

May 20, 2020 9:09 PM in response to altonfromewa beach

altonfromewa beach Said:

"Corrupted files in Itunes Music (on server): How do i fix a song on the ITunes server that is corrupted?"

-------

Try the Following in the Order Provided:

1. Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities
  2. Update to the Latest Version of iTunes - Apple Support
  3. Restart your Computer
  4. Delete Songs and from your iCloud Music Library - Apple Support
  5. Add and Download Music from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

May 23, 2020 1:44 PM in response to altonfromewa beach

altonfromewa beach Said:

"[...]When i try to download from the music catalog, it doesnt give me the option to download, only purchase the song again."

-------

Where were these Purchased?

Are you in a different region than you were when you purchased these? Purchased items are only playable in the regions in which they were purchased. So, that would be why you are getting this prompt to purchase the song again.

Corrupted files in Itunes Music (on server)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.