Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can’t log into iTunes account

I have my correct Apple ID and password but when I want to sign in to iTunes store it says password or Apple ID is incorrect. I use the same Apple ID to login to my Apple account so I am sure there is nor problem with the account name and password. The window to sign up on iTunes store doesn't allow me to exit so I am not able to shut down or restart my Mac device. What should I do to fix this problem?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 21, 2020 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 12:33 PM

Hey there lory55,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues signing into the iTunes Store on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help 

Signing in with your account on another site or app is a great step to take. If you haven’t tried any other troubleshooting yet, force close iTunes using the steps from this link:

How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Then boot your Mac into safe mode and try signing in to the iTunes Store there:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Sign in with your Apple ID

If you can sign in there, restart your Mac as normal and you should still be signed in after leaving safe mode.

If you still have issues, make sure your Mac is up to date:

How to update the software on your Mac

Then try once more.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 12:33 PM in response to lory55

Hey there lory55,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues signing into the iTunes Store on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help 

Signing in with your account on another site or app is a great step to take. If you haven’t tried any other troubleshooting yet, force close iTunes using the steps from this link:

How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Then boot your Mac into safe mode and try signing in to the iTunes Store there:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Sign in with your Apple ID

If you can sign in there, restart your Mac as normal and you should still be signed in after leaving safe mode.

If you still have issues, make sure your Mac is up to date:

How to update the software on your Mac

Then try once more.

I Can’t log into iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.