Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE 2020- Phone keeps saying "Your phone is not activated"..... Even though it is.

Hello! My girlfriend just got an Iphone SE 2020. It keeps saying "Your phone is not activated"..... Even though it is. The phone works (Texting, calling, data, etc.) So obviously it is activated. The message is super annoying. Anybody know how she can get rid of it? She is with Verizon if that helps.

iPhone SE

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:28 AM

Is the text of the error message iPhone is not activated, contact your carrier ?

If so, see if a reboot clears this.

If not, what have the folks at Verizon Wireless support suggested?

8 replies

May 26, 2020 7:22 PM in response to MrHoffman

I have the same issue - have a 2020 SE, purchased from Apple, with cell service via Verizon. "IPHONE IS NOT ACTIVATED Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur". I contacted Verizon - they asked me to go to a local store. The local store said that my phone is activated & it appears all functions are working. I did a hard reboot, multiple times - the error message still occurs - only now the message has 2 buttons; Ignore OR Try Again. I hit Try Again, rebooted & still get the message. This time I hit Ignore.

Anybody have an idea of whats going on?

May 27, 2020 9:57 AM in response to garyblot

I'm not referring to a reboot or restart, but to a factory reset and re-loading the most current version of iOS, on the off change that there's something wrong with the current install. Activation is usually rather quicker, which would lead me to wonder if your local network DNS server configuration is incorrect, or if there are connectivity issues with your Wi-Fi or local cellular network. Hence trying a different Wi-Fi network.

May 27, 2020 8:33 PM in response to garyblot

garyblot wrote:

Did a reboot, as suggested. Same issue - all functions appear to work; phone, text, e-mail, internet access... am still getting the pop-up - Iphone is not activated.

Any other ideas??

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

There also seems to be some confusing around rebooting or restarting your iPhone, and performing a reset and reload of iOS using a connected computer. Resetting and reloading iOS reverts to the factory configuration, and loads the most current iOS software. This in addition to rebooting. If your iPhone contains data you wish to preserve, back it up prior to the reset.

Iphone SE 2020- Phone keeps saying "Your phone is not activated"..... Even though it is.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.