Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 15 inch MacBook Pro left speaker is crackling

Hello,

I have 2019 15inch MacBook Pro and my left speaker is crackling. It happens when I play video or listen music. Can you please help me about it.

thank you !

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 12:13 AM

Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not work then-

Ensure that it crackles when playing Music and Video from any app. This will assure us that it may be hardware issue.

Axel F.

3 replies

Jun 4, 2020 2:34 AM in response to Axel Foley

Hi there,

Have the same issue which has started since I updated my security fixes (Security Update 2020-003 version 10.13.6 on the macOS Catalina) on my Macbook Pro (2012) on June 1st.

Tried the SMC reset however it hasn't made a different as the left speaker still crackles upon startup too.

This is the first time that I've had issues with the speaker.

Thanks,

Sadiqa

2019 15 inch MacBook Pro left speaker is crackling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.