Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues texting/calling

I am suddenly unable to text or call my husband, who has an iPhone, but he can text and call me. My texts don’t go through whether I send them via iMessage or SMS. His texts to me come through as SMS. My calls to him go straight to voicemail but I can receive his calls. I don’t have issue with other iPhone numbers, and he said other contacts of his with iPhones can message and call him fine, and we are stumped as to why I cannot. Any ideas as to what may be the issue? We both have the most recent update (it started before the update and has continued), our text settings allow both iMessage and sms, we’ve restarted our phones, I’ve deleted the text thread from my side and started again, and still nothing works.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:39 PM

Are you sharing an Apple ID? Is it possible one of you has blocked the other? I would have him check his iPhone blocked callers list.

3 replies

Issues texting/calling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.