Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd messages in texting

Why are people in my text group getting messages that I added myself to the conversation, to text them and then another message saying I removed myself from conversation?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on May 21, 2020 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2020 2:48 PM

My iPhone is updated. Our group is iMessage (blue) we all use iPhones... I was fine in our group till about a week ago... I’m the only one that has the added text to my messages, only showed up on their phones not mine. They sent me a screenshot... I did as you suggested & it didn’t stop the added text. So I went into settings- messenger- Send SMS was off/ so turned it on, and that seems to have stopped the added text from my responses on our group message... Thank You so much for your help, I really appreciate your quick response! Thank You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2020 2:48 PM in response to brenden dv

My iPhone is updated. Our group is iMessage (blue) we all use iPhones... I was fine in our group till about a week ago... I’m the only one that has the added text to my messages, only showed up on their phones not mine. They sent me a screenshot... I did as you suggested & it didn’t stop the added text. So I went into settings- messenger- Send SMS was off/ so turned it on, and that seems to have stopped the added text from my responses on our group message... Thank You so much for your help, I really appreciate your quick response! Thank You!

May 22, 2020 1:11 PM in response to Suz33

Hi Suz33,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about some messages appearing in a group message, and I'd like to do what I can to help.

This is an odd occurrence, so let's check some basics first.

Is your iPhone up to date with iOS 13.5? Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Is this group an iMessage (blue) or SMS/MMS (green) group message?

Have you forced close the Messages app, or anything similar when they see that message?

Are you the only one this happens with in the group?

Thanks!

Odd messages in texting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.