Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my iphone and apple watch series 5 have different cell carriers

Can my iphone and paired apple watch series 5 have different cell carriers

Posted on May 21, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2020 10:15 PM

They should be on the same carrier and on the same account, but they don't have to.

If the two devices are on two different carriers, the watch will generally be limited to behaving as if it is a GPS-only version of the watch. In such case, as a rule, they will need to be within Bluetooth range of each other for many features of the watch to work, since you would not have the carrier's network to facilitate coordination between the watch and its host phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2020 10:15 PM in response to Jimmy1946

They should be on the same carrier and on the same account, but they don't have to.

If the two devices are on two different carriers, the watch will generally be limited to behaving as if it is a GPS-only version of the watch. In such case, as a rule, they will need to be within Bluetooth range of each other for many features of the watch to work, since you would not have the carrier's network to facilitate coordination between the watch and its host phone.

Can my iphone and apple watch series 5 have different cell carriers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.