Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music error 9039

Apple music on my iphone and macbook air were working fine until a month ago. Now, I can't add any songs to my library or any playlist. On mac, it keeps popping up with error 9039. On iphone it says it has been added to my library, but it isn't there when i check. A week ago, it worked on my mac but now it's not working again. I have tried multiple times logging out and logging in, unsyncing icloud music library, even buying more icloud storage.

I recently updated to catalina, is that the problem?

Posted on May 21, 2020 11:43 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2020 2:13 PM in response to corgis1234

Hello corgis1234,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to add songs to your music library in Apple Music, due to error 9039.

Listening to your favorite tunes in Apple Music is an experience I'd like for you to enjoy. I'll be happy to help.

Excellent job with the troubleshooting steps that were performed. To help isolate this issue further, I recommend to follow the steps outlined in this helpful article: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

In addition, you can re-authorize your Mac to see if that helps. To perform this step, please open the Music app, navigate to the menu bar and select "Account" > Authorizations > Authorize This Computer.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

May 31, 2020 7:30 AM in response to corgis1234

so i have updated my mac and i am able to add songs to my library and playlist and download them. BUT when i first add it doesn't come up in 'recently added' and the + doesn't turn into the download icon. i can only see it after i quit 'music' and reopen it, then find the song again to download. then i can see it downloaded and added in my playlist.

it takes a bit of time..... but its better than before

Apple Music error 9039

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.