Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMessage audio messages. Where do they save?

I want to save some of my audio messages as actual files I can transfer and keep on my computer instead of having to scroll and search for them in the text thread. Is there any way to do this? They use to save into voice memos, but no longer. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Posted on May 22, 2020 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 2:08 PM

Hello gringoarenoso,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to save the audio messages from iMessage to your computer. If you are using a Mac and have Messages in iCloud enabled, you can save the audio file from the message to your Mac. Otherwise you will want to make sure the settings for Audio Messages under Settings > Messages > Audio Messages > Expire is set to Never.

Send photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 2:08 PM in response to gringoarenoso

Hello gringoarenoso,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you would like to save the audio messages from iMessage to your computer. If you are using a Mac and have Messages in iCloud enabled, you can save the audio file from the message to your Mac. Otherwise you will want to make sure the settings for Audio Messages under Settings > Messages > Audio Messages > Expire is set to Never.

Send photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone - Apple Support

Best Regards.

IMessage audio messages. Where do they save?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.