Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having problems with messaging

Anyone having problems with messaging

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE

Posted on May 23, 2020 5:05 AM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2020 4:25 PM in response to biscuit0660

For about a week I have been having problems with the Messages app on my MacBook Pro. Until yesterday, I had one message from last week that continued to show the blue dot as an unread message, even though I had responded. When I opened that message stream, all the previous messages were gone, the name and info of the other party was gone, and only my last reply was there. I was unable to get that to change after several restarts and syncing the messages with iCloud. (Everything on my iPhone was fine, including correctly showing that stream.)

After five days like that, yesterday it finally changed. When I opened the Messages app the message window was gone. I tried everything I could think of to get it to display. The best I was able to do was get an empty messages window with no streams, no contacts, and no functionality. I was able to get that by using the Minimize command, even though there was no window to minimize.

Would like to get the problem fixed!

Possible related: I had syncing problems with the Messages apps on my Mac and iPhone last year using iCloud. Apple Support was never able to resolve the issue. I finally gave up trying after two weeks and more than 10 hours of frustration on the phone with Apple Support.

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

--Jim

I'm having problems with messaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.