Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail app won't send

On my 2017 MacBook Pro, emails sent by my iCloud account stay in the outbox, although the message at the bottom of the column says they are in the process of being sent, "Message Sending". After a while a warning message appears to “p25-imap.mail.me.com", and a suggestion I try again. Trying again makes no difference. In mail preferences, Account information status shows the account online (green dot, although sometimes it seems to get stuck on "checking" for some time). Server settings shows the outgoing mail account to be to be iCloud.

I'm connected to Virgin cable by ethernet, and have no problem opening web pages in Safari.

I also have a Mac mini and an iPhone which have no problem sending emails.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6. I haven't upgraded to Catalina as I've read bad reports of it and also I have some 32bit software I need to use.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Norman

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2020 6:33 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 23, 2020 6:58 PM in response to normanbrownsword

Troubleshooting Apple Mail

Mail: Mail troubleshooting 

Mail: If you can’t receive messages.    

Mail: If you can’t send messages.   

Troubleshooting sending email messages    

Mail not sending or receiving messages after updating OS X.      

Mail not sending or receiving messages after updating OS X

As a backup, if you have emails in your account inbox, select the mailbox, then Mail/Mailbox/Export Mailbox, and export the mailbox to your Desktop. Then go to Mail/Preferences/Accounts, select the account, and delete it using the minus sign. Quit/reopen Mail and add the account back. Test. If necessary, to recover missing emails, use Mail/File/Import to import the mailbox on your Desktop. It normal shows in the On My Mac section. Drag emails to the account inbox if desired.

mail app won't send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.