Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change a debit card that appears not to let me change it?

How do I change a debit card that is shown as my default but is not the one I entered?

Posted on May 23, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 8:08 AM

If there is a debit card on your account there are only two possibilities:

1. You added it to the account
  2. Someone you share an Apple ID with added it to your account

Cards never get added randomly to accounts.

If it is the only card on the account you must add another card to the account and make it the default account, then you can delete the previous card. See—>Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 8:08 AM in response to JBApple10

If there is a debit card on your account there are only two possibilities:

1. You added it to the account
  2. Someone you share an Apple ID with added it to your account

Cards never get added randomly to accounts.

If it is the only card on the account you must add another card to the account and make it the default account, then you can delete the previous card. See—>Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

May 23, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I followed the directions given but at the end there is no “Manage Payments” to tap on. However the reference to a unknown debit card (a Discover card) I did not see on the pages I flipped through.

There is a title “My Home” where there is an address for my old neighbor in another state. Where we used to live across the street from him at one time. When I attempt to edit that address, the title of the page that comes up is “Edit My Shipping Address”. I’ve edited that a few times but when done “My Home” remains unchanged, with the same address of my previous neighbor. That I need to change as well as the Discover Card.

I tested the information by sending money to a friend this morning. It appeared to work but I hope the transaction did not go to the Discover card and I will hear about it at a later date.

How to change a debit card that appears not to let me change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.