Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Plugins not being recognized by Logic X

I can't add plugins to Logic X by placing the AU/VST into their respective folders anymore.

I am trying to add some new plugins for Logic X (specifically from Airwindows) by manually putting the Audio Unit directly into the Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components folder. I am aware there is more than one folder called this, but this is the one where all of my other AU are and where I used to be able to add new AU. I have tried clearing the audio unit cache to force a rescan by Logic. Logic doesn't even see them to scan them. So obviously, they don't show up in plugin manager either.

Strange enough, they do appear and work in Garageband, so the plugins do work. Logic X just refuses to acknowledge them.

As a test, I downloaded some other free plugins that had installers (a valhalla reverb and something else), and after the installation, their AU components were in the proper folder, and Logic X was able to see and scan them. I manually drop a different AU into the folder, nothing.

Any ideas how to get this resolved? Thanks!

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2020 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 9:51 AM

You're putting the AU in the right folder sa far as I know.

Just be sure there are no previous versions of AU in the Components folder.

Start the computer in Safe Mode How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Wait! It may take sometime.

You can then open Logic and see what happens or just restart in "normal" mode.

Let us know of the results,

WD

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 9:51 AM in response to barisaxbart

You're putting the AU in the right folder sa far as I know.

Just be sure there are no previous versions of AU in the Components folder.

Start the computer in Safe Mode How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. Wait! It may take sometime.

You can then open Logic and see what happens or just restart in "normal" mode.

Let us know of the results,

WD

May 23, 2020 1:14 PM in response to Wilddrums

Thank you so much! That did it!

Long story:

I couldn't even open the plugin manager while in Safe Mode, but when I restarted back to normal, the two plugins I added to the folder worked. However, when I went to put the rest of the plugins in the folder (207 new in total) and opened Logic back up, none of the plugins I added where there including the original two. I restarted my computer one more time, and like magic, all 207 scanned in!

Plugins not being recognized by Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.