Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Won't Turn On - iMac

We've had my son's computer for 6 years. The wifi has worked fine. He was chatting with someone last night and it just dropped. Then he went to turn the wifi back on and it won't turn on. When he clicks it nothing happens. He has rebooted the computer, we've rebooted the router, and he has taken the wifi service off of the computer and put it back on. Still nothing when he clicks to turn the wifi on.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 23, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2020 12:09 PM

jokarol Said:

"Wifi Won't Turn On - iMac:[...] We've had my son's computer for 6 years. The wifi has worked fine. He was chatting with someone last night and it just dropped. Then he went to turn the wifi back on and it won't turn on. [...]Still nothing when he clicks to turn the wifi on."

-------

Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for WiFi) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2020 12:09 PM in response to jokarol

jokarol Said:

"Wifi Won't Turn On - iMac:[...] We've had my son's computer for 6 years. The wifi has worked fine. He was chatting with someone last night and it just dropped. Then he went to turn the wifi back on and it won't turn on. [...]Still nothing when he clicks to turn the wifi on."

-------

Reset the SMC and NVRAM:

Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for WiFi) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both on your Mac.

Wifi Won't Turn On - iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.