Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm trying to download or sync my playlist i created on my itunes account in the computer onto my iphone; how can I do that?

i'm trying to download or sync my playlist i created on my itunes account in the computer onto my iphone; how can I do that?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 24, 2020 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 2:13 AM

I'll make a couple of assumptions:

1. you're using Sync to manage your Library and not Manually Manage
  2. the music you're trying to Sync is either in your Library or, if it's Apple Music, you are signed into your iTunes account on the phone

Assuming the above, there are two possibilities:

1. if you have iTunes set to Sync entire music library, the new playlist should automatically copy onto your phone
  2. if you have iTunes set to Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, you need to add the new playlist to your selection

• Connect your phone to iTunes and look on the Device icon that appears at the top of the iTunes window:

• that switches to the Device/Settings/Summary pane
  • click on Device/Settings/Music option (1.):

• Sync Music (2.) should already be selected
  • if you have Entire music library (3.) selected, the Playlist should automatically copy to your phone. With this choice, the options in section 4. are not displayed
  • if you have selected playlists, artists, albums and genres selected (3.), options in section 4. will be shown and you need to add the new playlist to your selected items (tick the box for that Playlist). If you use this method (and you change your selections), you need to click on the Apply (or possibly Sync) button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in screenshot)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 2:13 AM in response to vvega622

I'll make a couple of assumptions:

1. you're using Sync to manage your Library and not Manually Manage
  2. the music you're trying to Sync is either in your Library or, if it's Apple Music, you are signed into your iTunes account on the phone

Assuming the above, there are two possibilities:

1. if you have iTunes set to Sync entire music library, the new playlist should automatically copy onto your phone
  2. if you have iTunes set to Sync selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, you need to add the new playlist to your selection

• Connect your phone to iTunes and look on the Device icon that appears at the top of the iTunes window:

• that switches to the Device/Settings/Summary pane
  • click on Device/Settings/Music option (1.):

• Sync Music (2.) should already be selected
  • if you have Entire music library (3.) selected, the Playlist should automatically copy to your phone. With this choice, the options in section 4. are not displayed
  • if you have selected playlists, artists, albums and genres selected (3.), options in section 4. will be shown and you need to add the new playlist to your selected items (tick the box for that Playlist). If you use this method (and you change your selections), you need to click on the Apply (or possibly Sync) button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in screenshot)

Jun 27, 2020 3:18 AM in response to ddxj

ddxj wrote:

I'm not sure whether person above is talking about iTunes on the Mac or on the iPhone, and in any case, my iTunes does not have a "device" button to click on so I'm sunk from the start

This is the iTunes fort Windows forum, so it's safe to assume that everyone is talking about iTunes for Windows. You're not going to see the screenshots I posted on an iPhone, are you?

The device button only appears once iTunes sees the device connected to it. My iTunes has been known to take more than five minutes after connection before it sees my iPod Touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.