Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White screen when using the camera

When I use the 2x lens on my camera. I get a white screen. All the other cameras work fine as well as the front camera. How can this be fixed?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 25, 2020 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 12:00 PM

Hey Naz200,

I understand you're having issues with the back-facing camera. I'll be happy to help.

Take a look at this resource for help with this: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support. Also, make sure that there is no magnetic interference that could be affecting the iPhone: Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras.

If the issue is still happening when using the 2x lens, try reinstalling the iOS. Before you proceed, please back up your data using the steps below. Reinstalling the iOS only overwrites the iOS on the device, and does not affect personal data, but it’s always recommended to have a backup first: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Once you've verified that your backup is current, follow the steps below to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. Keep in mind that this article was written for a different issue, but these steps will still be helpful. Also be aware, you'll want to click the "Update" button and not the "Restore" button when prompted as the "Restore" button will restore the device to factory settings: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

Have a great day. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 12:00 PM in response to Naz200

Hey Naz200,

I understand you're having issues with the back-facing camera. I'll be happy to help.

Take a look at this resource for help with this: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support. Also, make sure that there is no magnetic interference that could be affecting the iPhone: Magnetic accessories might interfere with iPhone cameras.

If the issue is still happening when using the 2x lens, try reinstalling the iOS. Before you proceed, please back up your data using the steps below. Reinstalling the iOS only overwrites the iOS on the device, and does not affect personal data, but it’s always recommended to have a backup first: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Once you've verified that your backup is current, follow the steps below to reinstall iOS on your iPhone. Keep in mind that this article was written for a different issue, but these steps will still be helpful. Also be aware, you'll want to click the "Update" button and not the "Restore" button when prompted as the "Restore" button will restore the device to factory settings: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen.

Have a great day. 

White screen when using the camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.