Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to buy AppleCare for AirPods Pro

I bought the AirPods on Amazon and didn't add AppleCare at point of purchase because I assumed I could add it by going to the Apple store. Then corona closed my store.

So, I have tried several times to buy AppleCare through apple.com and it continually tells me my product is not eligible.

It has been LESS than 60 days since I purchased the AirPods.

Am I the only one having this problem?

What can I do?

Posted on May 25, 2020 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 5:42 AM

Looks like Apple needs to diagnose the AirPods before you can purchase AppleCare for them:

How to buy

1. Purchase AppleCare+ with your new headphones.
  2. Or buy it within 60 days of your headphones purchase:
    • At an Apple Store (inspection of headphones and proof of purchase are required)
    • By calling 800-275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 5:42 AM in response to amjopo

Looks like Apple needs to diagnose the AirPods before you can purchase AppleCare for them:

How to buy

1. Purchase AppleCare+ with your new headphones.
  2. Or buy it within 60 days of your headphones purchase:
    • At an Apple Store (inspection of headphones and proof of purchase are required)
    • By calling 800-275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

Trying to buy AppleCare for AirPods Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.