Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading my backed up iCloud pictures to my new iphone11

How to download backed up pictures from my cloud to my iphone11

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 8:30 AM

If they were synced to iCloud via iCloud Photos, turn iCloud Photos on in the new phone (using the same Apple ID for iCloud) and they will automatically sync to it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos on in the old phone but do have an iCloud Backup, you can use the backup to setup the new phone. Note that you can not restore only the photos; using the backup will replace all of your data that is currently on the phone with the data from the time of the backup. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 8:30 AM in response to Jmrccc

If they were synced to iCloud via iCloud Photos, turn iCloud Photos on in the new phone (using the same Apple ID for iCloud) and they will automatically sync to it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos on in the old phone but do have an iCloud Backup, you can use the backup to setup the new phone. Note that you can not restore only the photos; using the backup will replace all of your data that is currently on the phone with the data from the time of the backup. See: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Downloading my backed up iCloud pictures to my new iphone11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.