Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i sign in to itunes using a new account

Apple keeps telling me to sign in with a pervious account and the information has already been updated and now I cant update my apps.

Posted on May 25, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 9:36 AM

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

4 replies

May 25, 2020 9:08 AM in response to tahmee

Content and Apple IDs -

Content is forever tied to the Apple ID that bought it. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another. Apple does not merge Apple IDs. You will never be able to access your content bought with one Apple ID with a new Apple ID.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.5; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.5; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.5;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

How can i sign in to itunes using a new account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.