Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

background noise very loud on airpod pro

When I'm on the phone talking to someone using my AirPods Pro, any background noise, even as simple as opening a kitchen cabinet, overrides my voice and creates a very loud sound for the person on the other end of the call. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? When I first started using my AirPods Pro, this didn't seem to be an issue. with my callers. But during the last two weeks the people I've been talking to you have asked me what that horrible noise is, that it overrides my voice.

Posted on May 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:14 PM

I have tried that and still have this problem. The person on the other end of the can hear everything on my side. So is that not the case for everyone? So could my product be faulty?

5 replies

Jul 7, 2020 6:45 AM in response to lconnors73

I have the same issue and hope Apple will fix this soon. In the meantime, Apple has replaced both my AirPods Pro and the issue remains. I thought It was because of my phone and had to restore iOS. I rather decided to reset the AirPods Pro and connected them to my business iPhone X. Same problem!!! The background noise is so accentuated that it becomes unbearable to people on the other end. Could it be a firmware issue? I remember when I purchased them before Christmas. Everyone could hear me properly, even in a noisy environment.

background noise very loud on airpod pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.