Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard for Ipad Air

I was given an Ipad Air for my birthday and I'm looking to buy a keyboard.

I can only find keyboards for the Ipad Air 3rd generation or other models.

Can I use the Ipad Air 3rd generation keyboard on my Ipad Air (2013) ?

Or where can I buy the right one?

I need help asap.

Thank you :)

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 25, 2020 11:00 AM

10 replies

May 25, 2020 11:04 AM in response to elenaferrante

That keyboard is built specific for that iPad and the new iPad Air has the Smart Keyboard connectors on it that the keyboard uses to connect to. If you need a keyboard for your ipad, you best bet is to get a Bluetooth keyboard and use that. There are many types of Bluetooth keyboards that you can find that you’ll be able to use and those aren’t specific to a certain model iPad.

May 25, 2020 2:28 PM in response to elenaferrante

You have a 2013 iPad Air 1st generation or iPad Air 1.

Go to Amazon.com and in the search box type in “2013 iPad Air 1 keyboard case” and see what comes up.

There are lots of keyboards and keyboard cases on Amazon.

Here is an exceptional one for iPad from iPad keyboard company called Brydge Keyboards.

https://www.amazon.com/Brydge-Keyboard-iPad-Aluminum-Bluetooth/dp/B01N1UGLN9/ref=psdc_11548965011_t1_B07G3KR32R

May 25, 2020 3:17 PM in response to Lyssa

I own this keyboard, as well, but can't use it any longer and stopped using it because the plastic keys make pretty loud annoying sounds when typing that drives my wife nuts!

I can't even use this keyboard when she trying to sleep because she can here the “clak-clak” of the keys no matter where I try to type in our apartment.

The keyboard “claking” from this keyboard is annoying and NOT a quiet experience.

Keyboard for Ipad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.