Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thick lines on iPhone XR

My phone has these thick lines I have tried updating my phones and restarting it nothing has worked what do I do

iPhone XR

Posted on May 25, 2020 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 4:13 PM

Hello, hajrah272.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have some lines in your iPhone display. I'd like to help. Do these lines still appear when the phone is booting up? Do you have a screen protector on? If so, can you remove it and do the lines still appear?

Also be sure to clean your display on the iPhone: Cleaning your iPhone

If those steps didn't help resolve the issue, and they don't appear when booting, let's make sure to have a current backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then let's restore your iPhone back to factory settings: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings Don't restore from a backup yet. Set up as new and check to see if those lines reappear. These steps helps us determine if the issue is with software or hardware.

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 4:13 PM in response to hajrah272

Hello, hajrah272.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you have some lines in your iPhone display. I'd like to help. Do these lines still appear when the phone is booting up? Do you have a screen protector on? If so, can you remove it and do the lines still appear?

Also be sure to clean your display on the iPhone: Cleaning your iPhone

If those steps didn't help resolve the issue, and they don't appear when booting, let's make sure to have a current backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then let's restore your iPhone back to factory settings: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings Don't restore from a backup yet. Set up as new and check to see if those lines reappear. These steps helps us determine if the issue is with software or hardware.

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Thick lines on iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.