Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 stops recording workout midway through!

I have had my apple series 4 since October 2018, and up until the last few months not really many issues, but something that is really starting to get annoying is the fact midway through a run the watch will end the workout and I have to stop then start a new workout. It has done it a few times in the last few weeks, and for those that are runners you can imagine the pain it causes. I also have an outstanding case open where the HRM will not pick up the heart rate at the beginning of a workout, but to counteract this I have started wearing a separate chest strap and connecting through Bluetooth even though I now I shouldn't have to.

Would love some answers in particular the workout stopping midway through.

I have tried a a number of resets only thing is completely un-pairing and resetting as a new apple watch, of which I really think is a last restore but willing to give it a go if people have had success with this?

Any ideas?

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 8:02 PM

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2020 8:02 PM in response to Davnkaz

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Series 4 stops recording workout midway through!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.