You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing in the iPhone Notes app.

Please help me with this: All the photos that were saved / inserted in my Notes app are now gone and instead I see a small icon with “jpeg” label. I even get to see the size of the original pictures but sill nothing happens when I try to open them. (see screenshot attached)

I have tried accessing my Notes from my iPhone, my Mac, my iCloud, and even from somebody else's Mac. This exact same thing happens to a friend of mine. She can't access her photos inserted into her notes.

I have a lot of important information that I had saved as pictures in notes using the “insert photo” option in notes and now it’s all gone. How do I retrieve these pictures?? These photos showed fine for many months.

Thanks!

Posted on May 25, 2020 11:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 1:23 PM

I have tried everything! login off / logging in, re-starting, you name it. It used to work perfectly, and it was the only way I found to save pictures with a password on my iPhone. Did it that way for years. But as of a couple of months ago, it stopped. Happened to a couple of friends also, so I'm guessing it's not something I'm doing wrong...

Just to be safe, do NOT use it for critical pictures!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2020 1:23 PM in response to zinacef

I have tried everything! login off / logging in, re-starting, you name it. It used to work perfectly, and it was the only way I found to save pictures with a password on my iPhone. Did it that way for years. But as of a couple of months ago, it stopped. Happened to a couple of friends also, so I'm guessing it's not something I'm doing wrong...

Just to be safe, do NOT use it for critical pictures!

Photos not showing in the iPhone Notes app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.