Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dropping calls on ios 13.4.1

Hi,

I am unable to take calls or Make calls after updating to ios 13.4.1. I have tried all the suggestions online but it does not seems to be working!

Help please! Do we know when apple is going to issue a software update to address these niggling issues?

Regards

Janesh

iPhone 7

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 3:18 AM

This seems like your carrier issue, Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you.

Call Failed or Dropped Calls / Disconnecting

In telecommunications, a dropped-call / Auto Disconnecting Calls / Call-Failed Muted conversation are mainly due to technical reasons / fault at the carrier's end. At times the calls are cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversation and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed or Auto Disconnection or muted calls).

Few Reasons Your device Keeps Muting / Dropping / Disconnecting Calls or encounter Call Failed.

• Your Signal Is Weak.
  • It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  • The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  • You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  • You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 3:18 AM in response to Janesh04

This seems like your carrier issue, Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you.

Call Failed or Dropped Calls / Disconnecting

In telecommunications, a dropped-call / Auto Disconnecting Calls / Call-Failed Muted conversation are mainly due to technical reasons / fault at the carrier's end. At times the calls are cut off before the speaking parties had finished their conversation and before one of them had hung up (dropped calls or Call Failed or Auto Disconnection or muted calls).

Few Reasons Your device Keeps Muting / Dropping / Disconnecting Calls or encounter Call Failed.

• Your Signal Is Weak.
  • It's Raining (Cats & Dog)
  • The Cell Tower Is Overloaded / Heavy Traffic (Telecommunication)
  • You've Misunderstood Your Signal Strength
  • You are moving and the signal weakens while changing from one tower to another

Options Are...

May 28, 2020 3:52 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi,

I have already had my sim

card replaced by my service provider and tried all the steps that you mentioned. I have also erased all my data and contents.

However, The problem is still persisting. Everything is functioning perfectly, except for calls. I cannot hear the person I am calling and neither can the other person hear me (but the call is going through).

is there anything else I can try? For e.g assuming it is a software issue, can I revert to ios 13.3.1?

Thanks somuch for your help

Janesh

Jun 9, 2020 9:28 AM in response to SravanKrA

This is a canned response that doesn't really seek to address the issue. I have issues with my iPhone 11 Max dropping calls recently and nothing else has changed except the software on the phone.

Nobody in the house is experiencing it, except my iPhone. I have Android phones that do not exhibit this behavior, in the same house or same area.

I have replaced the SIM with a brand new one, factory reset the phone, removed the case, etc.

This is an Apple issue, not a carrier issue.

Jun 9, 2020 7:22 PM in response to AcumentIT

Absolutely. I have changed Sim card and contacted my carrier and the carrier probability has now definitely been eliminated.

An apple repair centre has confirmed to me that it is a software issue that needs to be rectified by Apple itself.

I am a mac/iPhone user and feel very let down by Apple as I do not know if and when they will address this issue at all.

Just wondering if this is not a way for them to make me upgrade my phone.

Be that as it may, I am utterly dissapointed.

Jun 11, 2020 3:17 PM in response to Janesh04

I have also experienced this issue and have had multiple calls dropping on me and a persistent crackling on the other end of the phone. It is incredibly frustrating, especially now using my phone for business calls. Is there an update as to when this will be fixed in the next software update? I have contacted my carrier provider and have reset network settings ruling that out as well.

dropping calls on ios 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.