Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Do I need to re-set my calibration before or after my outside walk?

Posted on May 26, 2020 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 4:47 AM

If it's a new watch or you think it's not measuring accurately then yes and do it before your walk,but otherwise the watch learns your walking/running pace for a time and is not neccessary to calibrate too often.

The only time I recalibrate my watch is after a watch update and that's not because I have to do it,I do it just for maintenance purposes and I haven't had any problems in 5 years of owning watches.

Calibrating your Apple Watch

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 4:47 AM in response to Thing44

If it's a new watch or you think it's not measuring accurately then yes and do it before your walk,but otherwise the watch learns your walking/running pace for a time and is not neccessary to calibrate too often.

The only time I recalibrate my watch is after a watch update and that's not because I have to do it,I do it just for maintenance purposes and I haven't had any problems in 5 years of owning watches.

Calibrating your Apple Watch

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.