Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i show a program on multiple displays when more are connected?

Hi,

Say I have3 external displays connected, is it possible to show a certain program on two of them, but show different programs on the other external and then on my macbook screen? Thanks!

Ryan

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 26, 2020 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 7:19 AM

If you are talking about have two of the three displays extended, and the third as a separate space, no, that's not possible.

They can be all separate or all merged together.

If they are all merged together, you can arrange windows wherever you want, though. Have one app span two displays and put the second app in the area on the third.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2020 7:19 AM in response to ryanjeffares

If you are talking about have two of the three displays extended, and the third as a separate space, no, that's not possible.

They can be all separate or all merged together.

If they are all merged together, you can arrange windows wherever you want, though. Have one app span two displays and put the second app in the area on the third.

May 26, 2020 7:28 AM in response to ryanjeffares

It is difficult to understand exactly what it is you are asking. If you start an app, say Pages, you can move the Pages window to any of the the displays or have it span across them. You could open another app and move its window to any of the connected or internal displays. If your app has multiple windows you can move each window to a different or to the same display.

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

How do i show a program on multiple displays when more are connected?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.